Thursday, November 15, 2012

Holding On

These pictures of the boys were taken consecutively this past Saturday on our their first trip to the fair.  Scootle wanted to ride a very benign kiddie roller coaster.  He got in line to ride.  Boo surprised us by wanting to ride too.  I was a little worried about my three year old riding a roller coaster (even though it was no bigger than my living room), but he insisted that he wanted to follow his brother.






In the first picture, they are getting strapped in.   In the second picture, Big Bro looks excited but Little Bro has his I am not sure about this face on.  The third picture makes me want to cry.  The tiny one loop coaster just did its first of two laps.  What do you hang onto when your world is spinning, moving too fast and overwhelming?  I hang onto the most solid, secure, trustworthy and unchanging thing I can find.  So did little Boo.  He hung onto his Scootle for the entire ride. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to read the post. I looked at the first pic, and thought I could NEVER let my three year old ride a roller coaster. Then I thought I must be way toooo protective. I felt better knowing you had your moment of doubt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Evelyn! The last photo is so touching. Brothers! We had a moment on Halloween, the boys were being boys, running from house to house as fast as they could, then Belaye dropped his little pumpkin bag and Quinn stopped to help him pick it up as his friends ran on to the next three houses and he watched them with one eye wistfully, then he helped Belaye up and held his hand to cross the street. My heart stopped watching them. I wish I had had a camera to catch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw crap. Flippin made me cry in the mddle of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that is so cute! What sweet little boys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...