Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You know what this means?


My life has changed! I am starting a new journal. I am completely, utterly, madly in love with two little boys! A, 34 months old and K, 5 months old. I can't believe it happened. To me. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. Bill and I are head over heels and so incredibly happy.

I have known of them since last Friday!!!!!!!!!! I finished my necklace on Wednesday and heard of them Friday. I was in agony wanting to tell the world! I wasn't able to do that until today! See my last post? Enlarge that picture. I have a ridiculous grin on my face because I am picturing my little boys in that room.

I would NEVER have made it without you, friends. Thank you for all of the amazing support. Now excuse me while I go back to lala land... :)

45 comments:

  1. OOOOHHH MMYYYYY! So glad I was checking blogs before I went to bed. Evelyn, sweet Evelyn...SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I have something for you in the works, but criminy its not finished yet, will post about this...

    Felicitaciones, tierna Evelyn. Que Dios les bendiga, amiga. Mis emociones, increible felices, estan yendo hacia el cielo para Uds.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the very first time i have actually burst into tears (quietly, quinn is asleep at the top of the stairs) for a referral. I am so filled with joy and wonder and amazement. Oh my two little boys! You are going to have such such fun! How wonderful. Just imagine some of the wonderful things that are going to go into that journal!

    i saw a comment on your status a couple of minutes ago but couldn't find any reference and then luckily this.

    Congratulations Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I know there are shouts of joy all around the world today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT!! I havn't even read the whole post yet! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! JOY JOY JOY JOY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evelyn,

    I'm so overjoyed for you and Bill and K and A. I feel like the huge weight of the lonest wait has been lifted from MY shoulders - I can't imagine how you must feel. Except I kind of can imagine and it is just so amazingly wonderful. I cant wait now to start peeking into the new book. Thanks for bringing me so much joy today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you're going to be in la-la land for a while -- enjoy! What wonderful symbolic meanings in your old journal and your new journal. And your beads :)

    God, we give A. and K. to you right now -- not that you ever lost them (grin). Hold them close and give their caregivers wisdom and sensitivity to help them prepare for this new chapter of a new life unfolding. Help others to be Evelyn and Bill's hands and arms and laps for them while they wait to be united with their mama and daddy. Be with Evelyn and Bill when their hands and arms and laps ache to hold their children. Be with the boys' birth family too as they sacrifice to give them the best life journey possible, and preserve that link to themselves for the boys. Most of all, thank you for the miracle and the gift of children, and parents, and families.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, thanks for bringing us so much joy! i'll write you some wonderful things that Quinn has done and said that i will never post because he wouldn't be happy about it - but boys are just so amazing amazing amazing to parent! Plus, boys for mothers are kind of like a freebie, you don't have to model to be a 'man' ya just get to love them and then the boys and the dad can go at it with who's the manliest in the house! Quinn has been giving yancey a run for his money since he was two (here daddy - let me show you how I do it!!!) where as with me he's mostly sweet and all 'sure mom (rolls his eyes a bit - like - oh women will ask you to do the strangest things ) and then he just does what i ask - no competition. it's lovely.

    OK i went to work at 5:05 this morning and got home at 8:15 - and i'm exhausted but completely unsure of how i'm going to get to sleep!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friend!!! I am over the moon, I am on one of the nine, wait, it's eight now, planets, for you.

    Evelyn, for this day I prayed. These boys will land softly. I cry!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahooooooo! Andrew and I are excited to help in any way we can. We can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I have to say, i thought something was up with that last photo of you in the nursery...I didn't go so far as to think "I bet she has a referral" but I did stop and go, "huh...?" I am SOOOO happy for you! Seriously...this is amazing news that makes me tingle! xoxooxox--Kat
    (can we eat sweets now? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooooray!

    Still hoping to travel with you - soon!

    Will you share more about how it happened? I would love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I was hoping you were one of those sibling pairs. What wonderful, wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHOOOOAAAAA!!!!! I opened this post TOTALLY not expecting to read this!!!! I kind of can't believe it now that I'm finally reading it! Wow. I just don't have words. You two deserve this happiness! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And the blog world exhales...at last. Love, love to you and your boys, all three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Evelyn,

    I have been thinking about you so much lately and you have been in my prayers. I know how hard this wait had become. I am soooo happy to read this!!! I have been checking each day (many times a day lately!) When I saw the recent referrals on Tuesday and one said the wait time was 25 months, I was so very hopeful that it was you and Bill! Enjoy the photos and give them kisses~ Hoping you can hold them in your arms soon. Enjoy this special time in your life~ Again, so happy to hear your news.

    Michelle (from WHFC group~ also waiting for siblings, but currently on hold)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is heaven! Seriously- this is the best news of all. I am so happy for you. I am just without words. You know how much I love you and now your boys as well. Oh joyousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. and ... you are sneaky ;)!!! and i was excited about the nursery post too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Evelyn, what WONDERFUL news!!! THRILLED for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, that's an incredibly inadequate comment, but... what could be adequate??? This, THIS, is the referral I have been waiting for. Did I say congratulations yet??? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You sneaky little thing, you. Little Bit was just looking at the pic of you & Bill at the top of the page and asking if you were brother & sister (?). I tried to tell him husband & wife, which he didn't understand. Then I told him mother & father. That he got. And the universe smiled.

    Congratulations...so very, very, very excited and happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have goosebumps all over. I can't BELIEVE it!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! It finally DID happen! So happy for you...I'm a little snivelly right now...honest to God, so happy. Enjoy this la la time, its so fun to be giddy with happiness and excitement, and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. Two little boys for Evelyn and Bill! Congratulations with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a joyful post, Evelyn. I am sending you so much love & happiness after your very long wait. How sweet it is. So many of us have been wanting this time to come for you & Bill for so long--have a lovely, happy, not waiting for the phone to ring anymore weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah, you were glowing in that photo. I had noticed that.

    EVELYN!! I am so happy for you. So very, very happy (words don't work... can't express adequately how happy I am). Oh.

    I didn't want to say anything in that last post, but we knew about Solomon before the necklace had been returned to me. There's something about the love, something about it.

    Congratulations!! 2 little boys. Oh my. SO THRILLED.

    With much, much love,

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH-MY-FREAKIN'-GAWD!!!!!!!! Evelyn I'm so thrilled for you guys!!! I had a feeling but didn't want to email you in case it didn't happen. But remember my dream interpretation and involved a september referral and october court date and nov/dec travel....I think it's actually happening. OH MY! I'm so so so happy for you and Bill. This is AMAZING!!!
    Hugs, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations!!! Wow, two boys. So very, very happy for you and yours. Sending good juju for a speedy court date and travel.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on your amazing news! Two boys... so perfect! We're so very very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Two Boys... How much fun are you going to have!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. have been watching your struggle through the WH chat - what a long and grueling wait. Obviously well worth it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Woo to the Hoo!!! I was so looking forward to the end of Rl's bloggy break for the announcement of your referral. Sorry about the slog, but so very pleased you'll meet your sweet boys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Happy Day!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on your little boys!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, yes! Yes! Congratulations a million times up and over the moon and back again congratulations! [glass raised] "to the new journal!"

    ReplyDelete
  34. I knew you looked great in that photo you were glowing!!! So thrilled for you there aren't really any words left are there?? If I were you I would go shopping for some beautiful boy clothes!!! and if you need any help on your packing list let me know and I'll tell you what worked for us!! Love from The Gilmartins!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sweet daughter of mine! I have shared your agony since Friday, and your immense joy... now I am ready to shout it all over the world with you!! This is such a wonderful, beautiful moment!! Our prayers are answered, and our faith rewarded. And these children, our children, God's little boys, will soon know the love and the wonderful parents God had chosen for them long before they were born. I love you -- all four of you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow. This truly gives me hope that it really DOES happen. You have been a tremendously strong person throughout this wait. I am in disbelief and feel so eternally happy for you!

    CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. congrats mama & papa!!! I'm soooo happy for you guys!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazingly huge congratulations!!!!! over from Julie's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. OH...happy day! Congrats on surviving the wait, you must be through the roof with love and happiness! Blessings to your new family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...