For the past month, I have been doing a "Yoga Challenge" at the
yoga studio where I go. The challenge is: complete 25 classes in 30 days and get one month of free, unlimited classes. Today, I will go to two classes and thus complete my challenge! As a result of this past month of Yoga, I have noticed a few things:
- my posture has improved tremendously (Bill says I stand much taller)
- I am much stronger physically, though the strength seems to come not so much from bigger muscles, but from a stronger inner core
- I am less stressed
- I respond to things more calmly
- I am in a better mood generally
Last night, I had a sweet experience at the end of my class. While in
shavasana, my mind just started free floating as it often does after an hour of yoga. Usually, my mind seems to go blank and just fill me with peace. Last night, I felt so strong and subconsciously wanted to share that strength. I pictured myself in Ethiopia, with the biological mother of my children. She was tired and worn out. I took her and washed her hair really gently. I rubbed fragrant oils on her scalp and hair. I braided her long hair and helped her relax.
It was time to come out of
shavasana and end the class. I was left with a real sweet feeling towards that mother. I do wish her strength and wellness. I pray for her often, that the decision she makes about our children be one that will truly be the best for her and the children. I feel a lot of love for her and wish I could go there, see her and give her some of the strength I've found.
Hi Evelyn. I might e-mail you my favorite picture from Ethiopia sometime. I, too, think of Zufan's birthmom all the time, and wish we could have taken HER with us, too.
ReplyDeleteOh, Evelyn! How sweet. We pray for our kids' mom and think of her too, in her [very different] situation.
ReplyDeleteOne day you will hold her children in your arms, and you can care for her while you rock her babies.
Love you!
Mama