Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday Update # 2 - Reality Check

I decided to close the nifty little poll on the right because it really sends the wrong message about when we might expect our children. We talked with the person handling our case at Wide Horizons and she basically said that expecting a referral closer to February would just be more realistic at this point. Sooooo, there is some relief in just admitting that it's going to take a while longer than we thought. Relief because I can focus on doing something with the time I have and not stay on the emotional roller coaster of hoping things will happen soon. Things can still happen soon, but it's not likely.



So far, some ideas I have for this free time are: taking a graduate class at the college in town, running a marathon (medical stuff still pending... uuugh!), more yoga, volunteering at Metanoia, substitute teaching, reading lots ... I am trying to be okay with not accomplishing something at the end of this time, focusing more on being rather than doing ... we'll see. It is hard to shift gears from 30 + years of accomplishing! Last night, I cried on Bill's shoulder with frustration at this whole process. Then we had a great laugh... I am stressed out because I don't have a real job (and don't have to have one), I have all this free time and can't figure out what to do with it. Waah, waah! Let's get some perspective here!

__________________


Number of referrals for young siblings in the past week: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...