Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Monday Update # 3 - Nothing to Report

I know it is Tuesday, but the WHFC Monday update didn't come until today. The news... nothing... not a single referral at all ... NADA :(

I've just been trying to stay busy. I am working a little extra at Earthfare, adding a day in the specialty department where I get to know fancy cheeses and wines (not bad). I am doing a weekly session with 11 kids at our Freedom School called "Trip Around the World." The kids have "passports" and we learn about a country per week using the Putumayo teaching tools. So far, we have learned about Senegal, Bolivia, Jamaica and France. We still have Brazil and Ethiopia to "visit" (I saved the best for last). Today, we studied France, so I brought in Croissants, Pain au chocolat, other pastries and carbonated water. The class ended two hours ago and I am now home, but one of the kids just knocked on the door to see if I had any more "French food" left :) !

I am getting an epidural on Thursday to try to get rid of my nerve/back issues. I really hope to get back to normal physically soon!! Ugh!

Number of referrals for young siblings in the past week: 0

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I hope the epidural works out for you.

    Sounds like you are doing some really cool things while you are waiting. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...