Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Update # 4 -


Every once in a while, Samba thinks she is a 52 lb. lap dog and I play along.

Page turner: I just devoured this book, Moloka'i by Alan Brennert. It is a historical fiction piece about a young Hawaiian girl with Hansen's disease (leprosy) who is exiled to an leper colony in an island away from her family for the rest of her life. Learning about the Hawaiian culture, about leprosy and about this amazing character, Rachel, kept me up many nights last week - totally worth it!! It was one of those books that stays with you and one of those characters whom I feel like is now a friend. Good summer read!!!

Epidural: I didn't feel a thing even thought the needle was about 5-6 inches long!!!! It went directly in my boo-tay and it should take another two weeks to fully take effect.

Number of referrals for young siblings in the past week: 0
(There was only one referral this week - not usual, but at least it was for an older child who had been waiting for a family :) yippee for this beautiful girl!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Adorable picture! So funny, cute doggie, and you are cute, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...