Monday, September 08, 2008

Monday Update # 9 - Leaving Earthfare

I am HAPPY BEYOND BELIEF to say that this is my last week at Earthfare!! Yippee! I will miss:
  • trying fabulous cheeses for free (I got to also work in the wine and cheese section, aka the "Specialty" department)
  • all the ladies in Specialty (the only sane people at EF besides Sam, of course)
  • the 20% discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL NOT miss:

  • back pain ... I haven't written about that in a while, but I am NOT BETTER :( I don't think standing up at EF for 8 hrs. at a time helps, so that is why I am leaving
  • comments such as "Why would ANYONE ever want to go to Ethiopia?" or "They CHOSE to live there!" (Of Haitians and Dominicans and the devastation the latest round of hurricanes have caused.)
  • MEAN managers (except N, who is an exceptional one)

I just about LOST IT with the above comments ... the people who said such things could not have picked worse subjects to raise with me! I will spare you, my audience of sensible people who CARE about others, what I said, but I was PROUD of myself for standing up for what I am passionate about.

Number of referrals for young siblings in the past week: 0

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on ending your EF job! Have you decided what to do next? Hang in there for those children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo. You can get cheese anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on doing it, and on leaving it! Better things are coming. So sorry about the back. Mine is so minor compared to what you have been through, but it sure sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...