Collaging has become another way for me to express myself. Sometimes I feel like I am exhausting my loved ones and myself with the same talk over and over. Collaging gives me an opportunity to work on a non-verbal level, which helps me get a lot of clarity. I usually just sit down with a pile of magazines and cut anything that strikes me and glue it on paper. This is not meant to be art, it is just therapy for me. As you can see, I played with the idea of biological child in this whole mix, but my heart is just not fully in it at this time (and neither is Bill's).
Above is the big picture. Below are a few of my favorite images:
Hi, kids!
Can't you see this on a Christmas card?
I can't wait to lift this glass off of my heart!!
This is some love for whoever she is in Ethiopia
This is so cool. I totaly understand the feeling of exhausting those around you with your waiting struggle, and needing an outlet for it. this is brilliant. the images are great. The glass will come off.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fabulous idea! I may try it myself.
ReplyDeleteLaura
Evelyn--I love it. What a wonderful idea for processing and relieving pent-up emotions and feelings. Plus it just seems so you! Reminds me of Bible Study craft projects. Hang in there. Miss you.
ReplyDelete