Monday, December 01, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Thanks

I am thankful for these and more ...

My Biu.... here we are when I took him to Brazil for the first time, about a year after we met. I knew he was pretty special then, but had no idea all he'd come to mean in my life. I still don't :) Just keeps getting better...





My big family.... (this is just one little branch of the tree on Thanksgiving!)






Samba Bamba.... we had recently brought her to our family in this 5 year old pic....



For the difference that living and working where I do has made in my life.




For Brazil.... I love being from Brazil. I love the food, the music, the language, the people and the beauty of the country.




For feijoada. Here I am eating it with Dad and Clelia 5 years ago, before Dad's ALS diagnosis.





For meu pai. Hoping he gets to be a grandad....




For the place and family that I will be grateful to forever....






For the season of Advent with all of its waiting, preparing and finally....



... for hope!


Hope for a better world: for more love, for food/shelter/clothing/education for everyone, for peace and for there to be some little ones waiting for me behind this door!

I tag no one, since Thanksgiving is already behind us, but I thank Julie for tagging me and helping me see just a few of the things I'm thankful for.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! When can I come over for some feijoada?
    And yes, I have made ginger scones before! They were pretty good. Hard as a rock, but surprisingly edible! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! And remember my best friend is Brazilian. I just love being around Brazilians!!! They are so much fun and have such a great love of life. And the food! Oh, no... I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of things that you are thankful for, and I just love the pictures to go along with all of them. Awesome! Looks like your house is SO ready for some little ones, too! I can't wait to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to read that you are upbeat and sound happy this holiday season. I'm so glad you are so busy and distracted. I wish I could have been more grateful and less whiny last Christmas. Keep it up! They are coming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...