Hey you! This is really an interesting picture. Is that Oprah there? I'm thinking it has some message about consumerism there, huh? :) I'm not really anti-Oprah, although she has made some ignorant comments about parenting. Pretty sad that that polar bear baby is drinking pink stuff. Where did you find this?
Catching up on your blog . . . thanks for turning me on to Advent Conspiracy. And this picture is so provocative. It reminds me of Will Willimon's advent reading from this week in Watch for the Light (great book!) and its premise that the real Christmas has us as the passive recipients, not the scurry-around busy actors (okay, the connection may not really be there, but it was to me).
Hey you! This is really an interesting picture. Is that Oprah there? I'm thinking it has some message about consumerism there, huh? :) I'm not really anti-Oprah, although she has made some ignorant comments about parenting. Pretty sad that that polar bear baby is drinking pink stuff. Where did you find this?
ReplyDeleteCatching up on your blog . . . thanks for turning me on to Advent Conspiracy. And this picture is so provocative. It reminds me of Will Willimon's advent reading from this week in Watch for the Light (great book!) and its premise that the real Christmas has us as the passive recipients, not the scurry-around busy actors (okay, the connection may not really be there, but it was to me).
ReplyDelete