Saturday, December 12, 2009

Abundantly Grateful


I had such a fun day on Wednesday.  I went out to eat, bought all this stuff and had yummy coffee with my good friend J all without spending a dime.  That's right!  J took me out for my birthday ... we had yummy, spicy Thai deliciousness.  Then we spent about 2 hours at Target gathering this and that last minute thing - I spent no $$ because of all of the GIFT CARDS people gave me.  I even had a bit left over to spend online, which means MORE packages on the way!  We had coffee and then headed to a baby outlet store where I spent yet more gift cards and J fell in love with two adorable jackets for the boys, which she bought and which I love, too! 

We have an incredible community around us.  I confess I sometimes take my neighborhood, community of support and friends for granted.  Today, I am incredibly grateful for each and every one of them (you).  It really does take a village to raise a child.  The stuff, the advice, the support (how many times have I cried on YOUR shoulder?), the friendship, the love has been such a source of strength.  Financially, adopting was a leap of faith for us.  We were only able to finance it because of half a piece of property that I got from the divorce of my parents when I was about 5.  (Talk about beauty being born out of pain!)   I had no idea how much all of the extra STUFF would cost.  Yet each of you have come through, in one way or another, to support.

Our family is grateful.  Thank you so much.  May we raise boys that have generous hearts like the hearts of all of you!

2 comments:

  1. I have been blown away by the generosity of people as well, and will be eternally grateful for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not know me, but I went to high school with Bill. My husband and I adopted a baby from ET and brought him home in the Spring of 08. He joined our 2 other children who were quite young at the time . . . as you already know, you are not alone in all of these overwhelming feelings! There is so much to take in when becoming a parent and even more so, I think, when adopting children. I wish you and your new family all the blessings the world has to offer.

    Kelley Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...