One week before we left for Ethiopia, I hounded these children and their father at Costco. I got my nerve up to ask if they were from Ethiopia, fearing I'd be a "grocery idiot" as Katy calls them. Turns out they were from Ethiopia and they are the only other Ethiopian adoptees we know of in our city (so far). We've gotten together twice and it has been so good for us!
So cute! By the way, where did you get A's shirt??? It's awesome!
ReplyDelete~Anne
goes to show that being brave can be a wonderfully fruitful thing!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, way to be brave! How great for all the kiddos to see other families just like them!
ReplyDeleteHooray! We've connected with several families in our area and some have become our dearest friends. I made connections through a local Ethiopian Adoption Yahoo Group, but I am all for approaching strangers in the grocery store too!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, Evelyn, I just watched the Video: "Little Bit of A" below on his Daddy's birthday and my eyes welled up with tears. It is so Beautiful. I watched it like four times.
ReplyDeleteabrazos.
Cindy
That's great! And makes me feel so grateful for the Ethiopian adoption connections I have here.
ReplyDeleteWay to be so brave! :)
ReplyDeletesometimes we need to risk being the grocery idiot, and it does pay off. i'm happy you're making connections. hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful connection to make! I'm glad you got up your courage to talk with them. I love Katy's "grocery idiot" label, but sometimes, you just gotta ask!
ReplyDelete