I am spending my first Mother's day with my boys, Bill, my mother and other relatives in NJ. We have just have said a formal goodbye to someone dear to us, who died about a month ago. In addition, May 4 and May 10 are some difficult anniversaries for our boys, for us. Mother's Day will clearly be a mixed bag for me. So grateful for finally being their mother. I still cannot believe it sometimes. A and K, my beautiful boys! So sad for the cost (and I DO NOT mean financial) which made it possible for me to be a mother.
Mother's Day will always be surrounded by these anniversaries on the calendar. It's OK with me. I think it is fitting as no Mother's Day will ever be simple for our family. There will always be the reminder of another one. I will always think of her on this day (as I do on so many other days) and I will share with her our beautiful sons, even if it is just in my dreams. I feel very much like a co-mother, though she is not present here to experience our boys. I feel a part of her will always be with them, that a part of her will always be with me.
I don't want to say "Happy Mother's Day" to you, because I know many of you will share a similar experience. What I do want to say, is that I am so happy that YOU are a mother and that YOU are about to be. There are more YOUs going through my mind than I could possibly link. But today, as I write this, I am thankful that I get to be a mother among all of you. Sending love to ALL the mamas, the ones reading this and the ones we think of on this day.
So glad that you are a mother. Enjoy the day.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the day, thank you for this post. I'm sure you guys will find a special way celebrate ALL the moms on this day.
ReplyDeleteYou are a discerning, incredible Mother. Someone I think I could learn a lot from.
ReplyDeleteGosh, seriously, - how I wish we all had a commune sometimes.
Cindy
Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful, Evelyn!
ReplyDeleteEvelyn, I love the way you let your heart lead you. Sending you the love, mamma!
ReplyDelete