Thursday, February 03, 2011

Spaghetti Brothers

Bill was at a meeting, so I had the feeding and bedtime routine to myself.  The boys and I had a very pleasant spaghetti dinner.  A kept asking me how I ate without getting food all over my face.  No matter how I explained or modeled, and no matter how much he tried, he just could not master it. He always finishes spaghetti looking like he tried to put lipstick on and made his lips four times bigger.  Add that to the huge list of reasons why he can't wait to get bigger.  (What's the hurry, little man?)  K, on the other hand, had spaghetti in his hair, Parmesan all over his face and hands.  And he seemed perfectly satisfied with his hygiene habits.  His clothes were so full of mashed spaghetti that I lifted him up from his high chair and had A pull his clothes right off.  While I took care of the mess, A carried K back to their room.  He becomes such a helper when either Bill or I are gone.  After this quick photo shoot, they got into snuggly pj's, we all three sat in the rocking chair and I read to my boys.  I wish I could capture the night in a bottle.  My boys eating, laughing, snuggling.  My nuzzling their sweet smelling hair and soft faces.  I am living the good life.    


18 comments:

  1. oh sweetness. thanks for sharing this moment. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (not Dan but Laurie)I love this mental picture of you and your sweet, sticky boys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so stinkin' cute, Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos send my heart into a warm tizzy. They are handsome, and little K is getting h-u-g-e, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. Yes Spaghetti night or Mashed potato night usually coincides with bath night for Menderina! Love when they snuggle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww! yes, the good life in deed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those moments - the "wish I could capture in a bottle" ones!! Those pictures are CUTE! Just look at those faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The good life indeed. As it should be. As it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like things just keep getting better and better around there. These pictures are pure sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having a hard time handling how adorable this is. Thank you for sharing such a simple and lovely evening with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! What a difference a few months make. They are beyond cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading this makes me feel warm and cozy. That is so nice! It is a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet i was reading this and giggling & my husband said your blogs make you so cute! Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...