Monday, December 19, 2011

Favorite Children's Christmas Books 2011



I had forgotten all about this Christmas song, so it has been fun to re-learn it with the boys, thanks to my friend Elizabeth (love you).  All of the gifts the "true love gives to me" are depicted with an African interpretation ... the illustrations are so beautiful.  The first read is a delight, as is read number 552 (which I think is what we are on right now and we've only had the book a few days).  Our favorite day is day 5, "Five GOLDEN riiiiinnnnggsss!"  And oh, the rings are way cool in this book (you can kind of see it in the above picture).

Our next favorite Christmas book has provided great vocabulary learning opportunities for Boo-boo and great ideas of what to do with the-boys-out-of-school for a week for me:


Making paper chains is on the list for today.  Stringing popcorn will come later this week!  Have I mentioned how much I love this season?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...