Tuesday, January 03, 2012
A Shepherd and an Angel
I was really touched by a friend of mine who said: [Boo-boo] in his angel outfit made me want to just fall right down and worship. Beautiful! Given that she is not the type to say this, I almost choked up. My sweet boy was brave that day, but right after the picture below, he broke down into hysterics. His favorite non-family member in the world (pictured holding his hand) made the mistake of walking out of the church away from where we were sitting. That was just too much for him. Our angel was soon in our arms in a complete meltdown. (Not to worry, he made a miraculous recovery).
Scootle-doot was at first protesting that he did not get to be an angel. When he realized that he got to carry a staff, that most of the angels were girls and little kids and that someone he loves in Ethiopia is also a shepherd, he quickly warmed to his role. We have been surprised at how poised and natural he is in front of crowds. We think drama is in his future, though hopefully not the personal and stressful kind!
Labels:
Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Aki would be jealous. He never got over NOT being an angel in the program this year....
ReplyDeleteIs there any chance you took video of the last song at the Ethiopian get together? I wanted to video tape Aki dancing to the Wolaytta music, and I screwed up the recording and lost it all.....
:-( I had no idea if you were taking photos or video.
Beyond cute.
ReplyDeleteThose are one darn adorable shepherd and angel(i almost said damn, but figure that's a bit blasphemous).
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable!
ReplyDeletethey are naturals up there. Love this so much.
ReplyDelete