Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Wordless Wednesday (almost) - Buna Boo

Organic, Ethiopian, Shade Grown, Fair Trade

Just in case you don't know how important those words are, please watch Black Gold.  Bill and I were transported back to Ethiopia.  So much beauty, so much pain.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip - I will definitely check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coffee is my absolute favorite coffee; I originally bought it because it's Ethiopian AND fair trade, and it turns out that it's delicious to boot. I'm drinking some right now. I know a lot of people who have complained that fair trade stuff is so much more expensive, but this is affordable and delicious. (Also, too expensive for whom? I'd say non-fair trade is too expensive for the people it oppresses and too cheap for us. We should be willing to pay more to ensure the well-being of others. We're already privileged enough.) It's also the closest in flavor to what I actually bought in Ethiopia. Trader Joe's totally got this one right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we don't really know much about what "expensive" means, do we?

      Delete
  3. I saw Black Gold in a public showing while we were waiting and I cried, hard, the whole time. My parents own a cafe/catering business and I made them sell fair trade coffee only. They complained and I told them they could explain their choices to their grandchildren some day. No more complaining.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...