Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fresh Air ...


A few moments alone.  No one in the house but me.  Windows open.   And reminders of the fullness of my life.  Borrowed crib waiting to be returned.  Children grow.  The windows open and the fresh air.  Seasons change.  The toy kitchen set aside for a while.  The cycles.  The faithful dog, wanting to share my space.  The quiet returns temporarily.  Time to journal.  Time to pray.  In my favorite corner of the house that I have claimed.  It brings me peace. I light my candle, reflect on my life and also try to think of people outside of myself.  Perspective.  And the beginning to another day.



I want to thank everyone for your comments on my last post.  You lifted me. 

9 comments:

  1. Your corner is beautiful, and breathes light. Like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What S, Rebekah, and Julie said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What S, Beks, Julie and Katy said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think writing (and making art) and praying are all ways to experience the divine. Your desk, with the window casting that light, are like a little church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That space does feel sacred to me. It is a low trafick room in our house and the only electronic is a clock. The blue is also very calming. It is my little church.

      Delete
  5. How peaceful. Tranquil. Thank you for the reminder of what is missing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...