So, I had a tonsillectomy Thursday. It is supposed to be pretty horrid for adults. Not the eat-ice-cream-after-the-procedure you hear about with kids. I had been pretty scared of the surgery given all of the horror stories out there. Add kids to the mixture and the whole thing sounded like a nightmare. I think I took all of the precautions I could and accepted all of the help offered and so far, it has not been so bad. Bill worked from home Thurs and Fri. We had a friend bring dinner (for the guys since I could not eat) Thurs night. My mom was going to come stay with us for the weekend, but got kidney stones instead (pobrecita)! But Bill's mom arrived today and a good friend delivered a meal for us.
Except for a very gross and painful throat....I will spare you the details... This really hasn't been that bad. I did a lot of preparation for the surgery ... bought myself lots of liquids for post-op (I have lost three pounds so far because I can't really eat), I took homeopathic meds for a week before surgery (arnica montana), and for the first time ever in my life, I was hypnotized to prepare my body for the welcomed invasion.
This post has no point really, but it is a reminder to myself for if ever I am sick or just in over my head. Accept the help. Do not feel guilty for lying on the couch and reading all day. Take the time you need to heal or deal, whatever the case may be. People depend on you, but can also function without you. It is okay to take care of yourself.
yes! here's to being okay on the couch!
ReplyDeleteYes it is more than OK to take care of yourself. Hoping your recovery stays on track and you are able to enjoy your time on the couch :)
ReplyDeleteYours is not the only blog I've read today that has a message about taking care of yourself. I love it! I'm the worst at giving myself permission to let others help, even though we've needed a lot of it lately. It's nice to have reminders. Thanks for being a real live example.
ReplyDelete