Today was my last official day at M******. All month I have thought of nothing but the freedom I would have when I no longer had to work 10-6 every day. Bill still works there and our home is only a few blocks away. Next week, I still have to go in for a few hours here and there to work with the kids.
All this to say, that I wasn't anticipating what happened when I left the office. I dont' even have all of my stuff out yet, but when I got my computer and a few books and turned off the light, my throat closed up! I knew I had a big cry stuck in the back of my throat. It hurt! No one was around. The kids and staff were upstairs doing their normal routine... I didn't want to upset them. I walked to my car feeling so sad and overwhelmed! This has been my life for the past 5 1/2 years!
:(
Oh, tadinha! I know exactly how you feel, and it is so like my wonderful daughter! I love you!
ReplyDeleteThis is a huge transition! You will make it - you have touched many lives, and you will touch many more.
Te amo!