I wanted to do something by myself in this time of waiting before I become a mom. I originally thought about going to my favorite retreat center, but I have been so excited and hyper about my life and future that I don't think I could settle down enough.
As we were figuring out when to close out my M***** credit card, I realized I had accumulated $400 worth of travel miles coupons that I needed to use. I though about going to Brazil to visit my dad, but flights to Brazil are about $1,400!!! :(
Since I have to use these miles and since we happen to have cousins living in the south of FRANCE and since plane tickets to France happen to only cost $600 right now ($200 after the coupons).... I am going to FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am beyond excited! I could never EVER have thought of a better way to be completely SELFISH (loving it!) before I enter motherhood (which will hopefully teach me to be less selfish). I have never been to Europe and the last time I was in a country where I didn't speak the language, I was 10 years old and just arrived in the USA.
I leave in two weeks and will spend 4 1/2 days in Paris and 3 1/2 days in Chateauneuf de Grasse (close to Nice and Cannes) in the Mediterranean!
I would end this post with some cute French phrase, but after 3 + years of French in High School, the phrase that I know best came from a song from the movie, Moulin Rouge...... NOT APPROPRIATE :) !!
As we were figuring out when to close out my M***** credit card, I realized I had accumulated $400 worth of travel miles coupons that I needed to use. I though about going to Brazil to visit my dad, but flights to Brazil are about $1,400!!! :(
Since I have to use these miles and since we happen to have cousins living in the south of FRANCE and since plane tickets to France happen to only cost $600 right now ($200 after the coupons).... I am going to FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am beyond excited! I could never EVER have thought of a better way to be completely SELFISH (loving it!) before I enter motherhood (which will hopefully teach me to be less selfish). I have never been to Europe and the last time I was in a country where I didn't speak the language, I was 10 years old and just arrived in the USA.
I leave in two weeks and will spend 4 1/2 days in Paris and 3 1/2 days in Chateauneuf de Grasse (close to Nice and Cannes) in the Mediterranean!
I would end this post with some cute French phrase, but after 3 + years of French in High School, the phrase that I know best came from a song from the movie, Moulin Rouge...... NOT APPROPRIATE :) !!
That is SO SO exciting!!!! Wish I were going to France! (or Italy, Brazil, Spain, China, India, Haiti.. I could go on...)
ReplyDeleteHave a great time!
Stacy
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Stacy! Of course the trip I can't wait for is Ethiopia :)
ReplyDelete