Friday, February 08, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking in to the "film"
Shock
Hug attack
The kids brought me flowers one by one and then got up to sing for me.

Wow, was I surprised! E and J are in the area for the month on a Sabbatical. Yesterday, I thought we'd decided to get together to hang out for the afternoon, to see a short film being shown by a friend of ours and to go out to dinner. We walk into the "film showing" and I felt so bad for our friend because there were all of these chairs with no one there to watch. I get around the corner and all of the M****** kids, staff, some friends and parents are there yelling "SUPRISE!!!"
Surprise it was and also wonderful! It gave me a good sense of closure and a chance to say goodbye to the kids individually. I am still going to be an occasional volunteer, but we needed this for a clear transition. Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...