


I went straight to bed last night after I got back from the restaurant. I needed the sleep I could have slept even more, but as I've fallen in love with Paris, I had to go enjoy my few hours left here. I went back to my favorite neighborhood, Montmartre.
I wandered and wandered and wandered. I wandered upwards to see the view from Sacre Coeur again. I sat on the steps and just watched people, saying my own goodbye to Paris. It was a beautiful, sunny day and I felt so happy to have been in this great city. I could have cried with joy. I wandered back down and bought several different types of dumplings from an asian patisserie. I ate them at a square next to my hotel.
I'm now on an Air France flight to Nice, about to take off after sitting in the plane for 1 hr and 15 min!! Apparently, their records recorded one passenger twice so they spent all of that time counting us OVER and OVER again! I sat beside a gunny guy and his son. He translated that I was the problem for our delay and that we could negotiate if I had any money, jewels or good shoes!
Since this is such a clear and sunny day, I got to see all of Paris from the plane! I saw the Arc de Triumphe and the Louvre. Paris is HUGE! And BEAUTIFUL! We also flew over snow the snow capped Alps and almost landed in the mediterranean ocean in Nice. WOW!!
No comments:
Post a Comment