Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thinking about our kids and strawberries

Today, I was thinking of going strawberry picking soon. I have enjoyed doing that for the last two years ... 2 years ago with Katherine and baby Ruthie :), last year with Mom :). This year, I will pick my berries with extra love. I freeze half the berries and make jam out of the rest. Since they will last until about this time next year, I can confidently say that some of these berries will go to feed my kids! Crazy, huh?

I can't wait to say, "Mama picked these strawberries just for you!" Thoughts like this fill me with warmth. I AM going to be a mom (relatively) soon!

1 comment:

  1. I really look forward to taking the kids (your siblings) on this berry picking expedition! And I will join in telling them their wonderful mama did indeed pick them just for them! And I helped!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...