I am feeling such freedom this week by not having to go to work at EF. After leaving there, I have been feeling more like myself. It was hard to leave Metanoia in February after 6 years of building up the
Youth Leadership Programs, my identity became tied to my role there and to working with Bill as a couple that people admired. It was pretty hard to "drop out" of that, even if for good reasons. EF gave me an outlet, an in between place to be able to reshape my identity apart from my work. Now, I think I am in a better place to be a mother, to work somewhere else, to be content being me. Metanoia and my work there will always be something I am proud of, but it no longer defines me.
With my free time, Bill and I finally finished the back porch :) This will be the kids' playroom, but for a few months, it will continue to be our uncluttered relaxation space. I also finished the curtains for the living room (which frankly, are scaring me - too many polka dots! There is another window this size and then one double this size - yikes!~That's a lot of polka dots).

Back porch before

After
Oh, by the way, if you are reading this and have read other posts, please become an official follower (left column, below)! Thanks!
Number of referrals for young siblings in the past week: 0
Oh, what a soothing room! I love the hammock!
ReplyDeleteThe porch is bright and beautiful! It will make an awesome playroom! Thinking of you! Laura
ReplyDeleteWhat a great job! I love that room. And an indoor hammock! Brilliant!!!
ReplyDeleteOoh! the room looks great! What a beautiful result! Congratulations to both of you for a terrific job! I can't wait to go visit and see it! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove you - Mom