
It is way past my bedtime, but I can't sleep! Maybe writing this post will make me sleepy...
Today in yoga, we had a very long ending shavasana in which my mind wandered almost subconsciously across the globe. I sometimes have these vivid day dreams that start with an image and then they run on with almost no control on my part.
I pictured myself as a beautiful, orange butterfly about the size of my palm. I flew down to Brazil and found my dad sitting in the sunny veranda of his apartment. I landed on his arm and made him smile. He just delighted in this pretty visitor, not knowing it was me. We just enjoyed the warmth together.
After a while, I flew across the Atlantic and the African continent to Ethiopia. It was still the same sunny afternoon somehow. I flew to the countryside where I found a small hut type dwelling. There was a young woman inside who was ill. I don't know what was wrong with her, but she was very weak and in a small bed. She had a very young baby girl on her lap, wrapped in blankets. There was a little boy crawling on the dirt floor. I landed on the woman's shoulder and tried to give her some of my strength. I brushed my wings on the baby girl's cheeks, telling her that I loved her. I flew in front of the crawling baby boy and he giggled as he tried to catch me. The sun's rays illuminated the children and I knew they were my children. I loved them and I loved being able to see them, but I also had peace and patience.
I flew outside and found a young man coming in from the day's work. He was very, very tired, but he smiled when he saw me. I tried to send him some strength, too.
Today in yoga, we had a very long ending shavasana in which my mind wandered almost subconsciously across the globe. I sometimes have these vivid day dreams that start with an image and then they run on with almost no control on my part.
I pictured myself as a beautiful, orange butterfly about the size of my palm. I flew down to Brazil and found my dad sitting in the sunny veranda of his apartment. I landed on his arm and made him smile. He just delighted in this pretty visitor, not knowing it was me. We just enjoyed the warmth together.
After a while, I flew across the Atlantic and the African continent to Ethiopia. It was still the same sunny afternoon somehow. I flew to the countryside where I found a small hut type dwelling. There was a young woman inside who was ill. I don't know what was wrong with her, but she was very weak and in a small bed. She had a very young baby girl on her lap, wrapped in blankets. There was a little boy crawling on the dirt floor. I landed on the woman's shoulder and tried to give her some of my strength. I brushed my wings on the baby girl's cheeks, telling her that I loved her. I flew in front of the crawling baby boy and he giggled as he tried to catch me. The sun's rays illuminated the children and I knew they were my children. I loved them and I loved being able to see them, but I also had peace and patience.
I flew outside and found a young man coming in from the day's work. He was very, very tired, but he smiled when he saw me. I tried to send him some strength, too.
I love the new style! It looks great.
ReplyDeleteThis is a precious dream... it's giving me the strength to do a brewing post in my head about our birth family visit...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Lori
I loved reading your post. It was a beautiful vision and I especially love how it gave you a sense of peace and patience. It is amazing what comes to you when you clear your mind at yoga.
ReplyDeleteNamaste.
Laura
This is so beautiful. I'm glad that you got to feel peace and patience. I went a long time without that feeling.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure that the updates are going to start showing some real movement next week, by the way. Just my opinion/prediction.