Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dr. Hodes in Ethiopia

Soon to be Grandma sent this link to a slide show of Dr. Hodes and his work in Ethiopia. It is inspiring and for those of you who want to watch all things Ethiopia, here is another piece of what is going on in this beautiful country.

I haven't been blogging so much lately because I have been helping Metanoia's middle and high school girls start a business: Isoke Sisters. Isoke means "gifted" in Kiswahili. We are making jewelry to sell at our annual Christmas Banquet and if it goes well, Isoke Sisters may go online with Etsy. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

I have welcomed this opportunity to get my mind off of adoption. Getting ready for the holidays also help. I am leading a day-long silent Advent retreat, hosting a party, hosting relatives and visiting relatives in the next few weeks. Ahhh... diversions :) I also LOVE the holidays. It is my chance to bake, bake, bake! Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Great slideshow. My favorite pic is of him forehead to forehead with the child. Beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy girl! I'll be back to watch that slideshow. Thanks for the nice birthday wish, I loved it. Keep on enjoying the holidays, and by next year.... maybe... well, you know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...