Yes, you can miss members of your family that you have not yet met. There is that place in your heart that is there for them and then not to have them to hold and take care of...
It's been years for us and I'm still not on a waiting list. It is hard.
But there is a finite number of months you will wait and whatever it is you are 15 months closer. You are almost there. And oddly all this waiting will slip little by little from your memory and it will seem like they were always with you.
May I recommend pumpkin cheesecake? It's a great recipe and it's giving me lots of reason to continue to exercise- (which both are good for my discouraged days!!). Your sweet babies are are just finding their way to their mama). It's I dare say- your last holidays as non-parents. Do something "unusual" to mix it up. Plan to go out this New Years eve, go to the soup kitchen on Christmas day (or other holiday) Go to a play and each time you go out -think about how you'd have to get a babysitter and how much this event will cost you next year-laugh. ... okay so these "ideas" are making you think "i know i know" but I've been there-done that by now - so if all else fails- It's okay to cry.. this is really really hard!!! Hugs sweetie- your in my thoughts. KC
Yes, yes you can. Sigh is right.
ReplyDeleteYes, you can miss members of your family that you have not yet met.
ReplyDeleteThere is that place in your heart that is there for them and then not to have them to hold and take care of...
It's been years for us and I'm still not on a waiting list. It is hard.
But there is a finite number of months you will wait and whatever it is you are 15 months closer. You are almost there. And oddly all this waiting will slip little by little from your memory and it will seem like they were always with you.
May I recommend pumpkin cheesecake? It's a great recipe and it's giving me lots of reason to continue to exercise- (which both are good for my discouraged days!!). Your sweet babies are are just finding their way to their mama). It's I dare say- your last holidays as non-parents. Do something "unusual" to mix it up. Plan to go out this New Years eve, go to the soup kitchen on Christmas day (or other holiday) Go to a play and each time you go out -think about how you'd have to get a babysitter and how much this event will cost you next year-laugh. ... okay so these "ideas" are making you think "i know i know" but I've been there-done that by now - so if all else fails- It's okay to cry.. this is really really hard!!! Hugs sweetie- your in my thoughts. KC
ReplyDelete