Friday, January 30, 2009
Can't Wait To Get My Kids So I Can Leave Them With These Babysitters
I KNOW I caught your attention with that title, but first, let me explain. I overheard that these two people were placing bets on who would be allowed to babysit our kids first. Am I lucky or what? Two awesome young people, who chose to live in our community, work for almost nothing and make a difference in our world. They give me so much hope - hmmm... how about I take both to babysit at one time?! If my kids come out half as cool as they are, watch out world!
P, you can help my kids decorate their room with quotes from important people, including themselves. J, you can teach my kids Spanish and tell them about your time in Kenya, Spain, Dominican Republic, etc, etc. P, please don't make my kids pee on themselves with the crazy things you say with that innocent face of yours. J, you can tell my kids all about how you went to Barack Obama's inauguration. P, please tell my kids the story about how you asked our police department to be more rational and treat people with dignity around our streets. J, I know my kids will know it's cool to be smart and make good grades with you around. Both of you, please teach my kids all the Freedom School cheers you know, but remember you'll have to settle them down before you get paid. On a serious note, I think you are both some of the best role models a kid could ever know. We are all the cooler for having people like you in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So nice that your have these great people in your life and in your neighborhood! Give them my regards and pass on my admiration to them. Mom
ReplyDeleteWow -- do these guys ever work in the Upstate? Grin.
ReplyDeleteLaurie