Since blogger does not have a good poll for this ... remember, I tried once ... I am conducting an informal poll. Vote while there is time by answering the following questions in a comment below and one day, there will be a winner!
- When do you think we'll get our referral?
- Do you predict we'll get two girls, two boys or one of each?
- How old do you predict our kids will be?
- What should the winner of this little poll receive?
Just as a reminder, we are asking for two children under 3, with at least one child under 1.
I'm going with:
ReplyDelete1. Feb 12
2. Boy/Girl
3. 8m, 30m
4. Framed family photo from the day you meet them.
Tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteBoy/Girl.
Boy is older, just under three. His little sister is 10 months.
A visit from The Three Continent Family (with its newest members and Samba of course). Non- dog lovers ineligible for prize.
1. Last week of February
ReplyDelete2. One of each
3. 2.5 years, 10 months
4. Naming rights??? Just kidding of course.
1. February 14th, 2009
ReplyDelete2. Boy, boy
3. 5 mos, 20 mos
4. Invitation to dinner at Three Continent Family's house when the children are finally home and the extended family is visiting.
1. I think you'll get your referral on "Hula in the Coola Day" also known as Feb. 1st. (yeah I have no idea what that means.)
ReplyDelete2. girl, girl
3. 6 mo./28 mos.
4. A Silver Volvo.
1. Feb. 16th (OK it's somewhat selfish but what a great present for cousin Will)
ReplyDelete2. boy / girl
3. Twins - 10 months
4. Samba gets to stay with us while you go to Africa.
Hi Evelyn, to answer your question from our blog. It was tough at number one. We were first on the list as of May 14, 2008. I think we would still be on the list if we were only on the sibling list. We switched to be both on the sibling and single infant list which moves so much faster, and we weren't the only ones who did that and now have referrals. Honestly when we switched to one under 5 and one 0-12 months I think we would still be waiting. Sorry to say. I don't think there have hardly been any referrals that matched our request. Usually the younger child is older than 12 months. Does that makes sense? So every day I thought this could be the day and it could have been but... we were meant to get matched with Meskerem so it worked out as it should. The wait is SO hard. Many people feel that the wait to travel is harder than the wait for referral. I disagree. I am thinking of you and can't wait for you to get your referral of your children. Best Wishes, Laura
ReplyDeleteOh and for your poll. I think you have the best chance of having twins!! So I will say twin girls age 4 months.
ReplyDeleteHi Evelyn!
ReplyDeleteWhen we were at HH last year there were TWO sets of identical twin girls at the baby house. There were absolutely adorable. (I don't think they were all under 12 months.) One pair was newly arrived, and so sad and sweet and beautiful, so intellectually, I think you have a good change of getting twins.
But, what do I really "see" for you? I like Julie's prediction for the older boy / younger girl combo. As far as when, well, I agree that you could spend some time at #1; then again, it could happen now. I don't know. Just to be different -- although maybe not in a good way! :) -- I'm going to put my guess out there a bit. But I really hope you get a referral far, far before my prediction. The 16th is lucky, and this year on 3/16 we'll be on spring break and in AZ. So... here it is:
1. Monday, March 16
2. Boy / Girl
3. 3 years / 3 months
4. Let me visit you and your new kiddos! :)
1. When do you think we'll get our referral?
ReplyDeleteEarly March
2. Do you predict we'll get two girls, two boys or one of each? One of each- older boy
3. How old do you predict our kids will be?
6 month and 2 and a few months years
4. What should the winner of this little poll receive? an email with pictures of your children when you get your referral!
So my guess is twin girls age 4 months and I forgot to say when. I am going to say April 16, 2009. I hope it is sooner. You getting your referral is prize enough!!
ReplyDelete1. I'll say April 13 -- because (a) it's a fun holiday devoted to laughter and practical jokes, (b) its pagan roots refer to twins (see Easter Monday on Google), and (c) we'll be on a plane home from Taiwan and wouldn't you know you guys would get your referral when there's no way I could get the news!!!
ReplyDelete2. Twin girls (see #1b, and also because that's the only way you'll be able to use all the hand-me-downs in our attic)
3. 8 months old (but be warned that said hand-me-downs don't kick in until 15 months)
4. A playdate, and a nice trip to an Ethiopian restaurant with you guys. . . sometime before our kids are all out of high school (!)
I am so late to the game...
ReplyDeleteLet's see...
I am absolutely torn on date...I want to say today...and then I look at a calendar and am drawn to March 10 and March 17th...okay, for luck I am guessing my anniversary March 18th!
I say twin boys 6-8 weeks old.
Prize should be a visit while you tour the country on yet another of your adventures...a picture of the family...and an official decree that said winner has the ability to peer through the veil of time and space...
That should do it...
Ok girl.. its going to happen February 12th or 13th.. and you are going to have 1 girl and 1 boy.. 2 yrs and 6 months.. and for a prize I want another one of your AWESOME ethiopian dinners.. the boys still talk about the injera! You still have to teach me how to make it! Your babies are coming soon.. I can feel it! Sandra
ReplyDelete