Deus te abencoe, Pai! Espero poder te ver outra vez e te mostrar teus netos :)
Um grande beijo!!
Here is the translation of the song, Sonho Meu:
Dream of mine, dream of mine,
Go get the one who lives away,
Dream of mine.
Go show this saudade (longing, missing)
With the liberty you have,
dream of mine.
In my sky, the guiding star has gotten lost,
The cold dawn only brings me melancholy,
Dream of mine.
I feel in the song of the night,
in the mouth of the wind,
stir the dance of the flowers in my thoughts,
bring the purity of a samba,
marked by the bitterness of love,
a samba that moves our bodies,
and that crazy wind, caressing the flowers,
dream of mine.
Dream of mine, dream of mine,
Go get the one who lives away,
Dream of mine.
* For those of you who do not know, my dad has had ALS for about 5 years. He lives in Brazil. In this slide presentation, you can see him get weaker over the years, but his spirit has gotten stronger! I love you , Pai!
That is very sweet. I hope you get to show your dad his new grandkids SOON!!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet, Evelyn. I love you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your dad! He has such a lovely face, you can tell he is very kind (like you!!)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your Pai! What a lovely video/song/tribute.
ReplyDelete