My friend and I went to our first HOT YOGA class. I will never do hot yoga again. I was sweating so much that I thought I was on a slip-n-slide trying to hold a yoga balance pose. I couldn't even do downward dog... I slid to either end of my mat looking like I was trying to reach something in the middle of the room. When I did manage get my head down, sweat from my body would run into my nose ... eeewww. My contacts were swimming laps inside my eyes. The instructor tried to come and help me get aligned ... bad idea when you are on a slip-n-slide, lady! I felt faint twice - NEVER have I felt that in yoga. The heat kept coming on above my head and I was actually happy to have some air moving. By the end, my clothes were SOAKED, as were my TWO yoga mats... eeeww! My finger tips were wrinkled as though I had been in the bathtub for an hour and a half. Walking out of the class, I accidentally stepped in pools of other people's sweat ..... EEEEWWW, EEEWWW!
So I came home, drank lots of water, SHOWERED and made a mushroom, goat cheese, prociutto, basil, tomato and parmesan fritatta. I was feeling quite tired, but invigorated and cleansed. Bill came home, we had a laid back dinner and then I decided to also cleanse my tear ducts. We were sitting quietly and tears just started pooling down my face, almost at the same rate as the sweat earlier. I realized that there is very little hope for getting a referral AND traveling before court closures. I don't think I'll have the joy of holding my babies until November or December. I cannot describe how dissappointed, how sad I felt (feel).
Bill just quietly came over, for the millionth time repeating this scenario. He put his arms around me and just held me while I cried.
After my wringing out, I remembered the mail! I received these beautiful flowers along with two beads :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Maybe the hot yoga worked after all, if you were able to cleanse your tear ducts...I know I feel a lot better sometimes after a good cry.
ReplyDeleteEvelyn. Evelyn. I wish I knew how to comfort you. There is only one (well two) things that are going to help. Just keep holding on to each other until you get there. You will get there. I promise. Evelyn, you will feel better.
ReplyDeleteThe time you have together as a couple - waiting with each other - comforting each other - this will help
ReplyDeletethat said - it doesn't matter right now. I know that. nothing matters right now. I am sorry this is so for you. I wish I were there.
I also used to do Sweaty yoga. I had sweat coming from places it should not come...like my shins. I would leave class on an adrenaline high--I was going to become a Birkam teacher and rule the world! An hour later I was a sobbing mess. An hour after that I was usually asleep. Yoga...it gives you what you need I guess. Cry all you want. One day you won't need to any more...I promise. xox-kat
ReplyDeleteOh, Evelyn, dear sweet Evelyn...I was going to blog, but instead I think I will write you a letter and get these beads to you, [deep breath] sometimes in these deep dark places room is being made in your soul and being for more life and love to be created than you can ever imagine...close your eyes and know - I mean KNOW and believe and feel the promise...because it is as much here in the unknowing as it is in the knowing...
ReplyDeleteOh friend, so sorry about the water everywhere. I guess hot yoga proves that you have sweat glands everywhere on your body. I feel inept when I try to give comforting words when someone is suffering the wait. I do hear you and I am so sorry for the delay and the heartache. I think Filoli put it very well about the deep places in your soul. Thinking of you and yay for the beads.
ReplyDeleteChristine
Lo siento, amiga. No sé lo que te puedo decir. Excepto cóme chocolate (oscurito), si siempre ayuda con las emociones dificiles. Noticia de sus bebes vendrá.
ReplyDeleteTe mando abrazos...
Cindy
God bless our sweet Bill -- I wish I could do something besides just suffer with you from a distance! Love you Evelyn! Hang in there! Do like a really country woman who works at my school, "hangin in thar, like a hair in a biscuit!"
ReplyDeleteAww, Evelyn, I'm sorry. I pretty much cried my eyes out too on Saturday after the marathon, in public, and not just because I didn't do well. The volunteers tried to get me to the medical tent 'cause I couldn't talk without crying. Sometimes it feels so good to just get it all out. I wore the "primal fuel" earrings from you for the marathon, so you were with me. :)
ReplyDeleteThat sweaty yoga sounds crazy! Blowing heat as you exercise! Wow. I bet you really got rid of any extra sodium.
And finally, as far as the referral goes, I wonder why? Why fewer young sibling groups being referred? I don't read the boards anymore so I guess I'm out of the loop. I really don't have answers or anything comforting to say, except that I'm sure that one day you will have your kids, and you will be such a great family. But I sure don't know when. Until the time comes, whenever it is, we are all waiting with you.
This was the post I was coming back to comment on.
ReplyDeleteGet ye to a yoga class now!