Being away from my routine has been helpful for my WWWAAAAAIIIIIIIITTTTTT. It is no longer a wait or a WAIT, but a WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT. Some days, like today, I am ambivalent about it - numb from a long stretch of days filled with hope and despair alternating in my heart.
It is so, so, so hard to hold onto hope!
There are a lot of questions in swimming around in my head. I doubt. I hope. I doubt. I can get so low, so low. But these days, I'm grateful for some of my Latina moodiness, my roller coaster emotional life. Because along with those real lows, there have been some wonder filled highs. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. They are of our anniversary and the 4th of July.
Along these days away, I have worn and loved this bead one of you :) sent. I have gotten so many compliments on it. It made another adoptive parent cry. According to the sender, Ms. Creative Mama, this glass bead represents my adoption journey - a long, winding, bumpy road. I'll add that it is also ultimately beautiful, pain and all.
Es un cuento pero bonitito, claro, y las fotos me gustan tambien, ojala que pronto sea amiga!!! La espera valeria la pena...!
ReplyDeleteabrazos~
Cindy
What a beautiful treasure for your adoption journey. I wish I'd gotten in on the bead fun, but I can barely remember to put on underwear in the morning. Hold tight -- your days of brain melt are coming. It's soooo worth the wait.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous bead - I love the idea of how twisty it is !
ReplyDeleteHey friend. I have been thinking of you and the wwwwwwaaaaaiiiiittttttt. I always remember what you said about the ability to "abide." I think of that when I am frustrated myself. Love the beautiful bead.
ReplyDeleteChristine
Happy anniversary. We just celebrated 6 years on July 6th. The wait is such a hard place to be in. May you find a bit of hope in the midst of all the other stuff.
ReplyDeleteoops, I think my comment disappeared! Sorry if you get it twice.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I know I've said it before, buy you guys are cute! Lindos! I'm hopeful that by your next anniversary, and your next 4th of July, there will be more of you to celebrate.
And as for the hope, you could keep hanging on, or maybe, too, you could let go and just let the hope wander for a bit and return when it is ready. Just like you have. That is OK, too.
Cuidate mucho, amiga, y saludos a tu buen companero.