**** Warning: Excessive amounts of linkage used in this post. ****
I've been touched and amazed throughout my wait by the beautiful spectrum that is this adoption journey. No matter where I find myself, I am not alone. Whenever I think, "surely referrals really don't happen," I read a post like Claudia's. Then I get to thinking, "it happens for other people, but not to me," and I commiserate with a friend like Liz. How many of these will Rachel and the rest of us have to go through? I have cried and cried at the love, the solidarity that I have found with Kristine, with Julia ("Solidarity with the waiters!"), with Christine and with so many others. I dream, as Courtney did and look forward what my reality will one day look like. Just last night, I dreamt that I could not put a diaper on my daughter correctly and that my son ran across a major road at the age of two - yet even as the sorry mother I was in the dream, I felt so happy. Maybe it was a happy a little like what Julie must feel when she sees her daughter do a funny dance in the kitchen. Isn't it crazy that just a few months ago, Julie and I were in the same boat? Can you believe Kim was the person one spot in front of me in the Wide Horizon's waiting list? Life is amazing. Time is fluid. I believe there is meaning beyond what I can see.
Could it be that in a few months I will be experiencing what Katy did in this amazing video? Could it be that I'll be in love like Lori? In the meantime, I get joy out of looking at Stacy's sweet Zufan and her smile, Megan's Sam and of course, Cindy's Olly (yum!).
I could go on and on with the "shout outs" but they may have to be continued another day. For this day, all I can say is WHAT. A. JOURNEY! I am glad you have stuck it out this far with me.
Evelyn, you have so much love directed at you from all over the world. Many hugs and kisses....
ReplyDeleteCourtney
Solidarity with the waiters!! =)
ReplyDeleteIt's so true that we're not alone - there's always someone else going through (or just getting over) the same stage we are in. Over and over again, I am amazed at what a community we've all become, and just when I think the community can't get any bigger, I read a post like yours with links to new adoption bloggers I haven't met yet!
ReplyDeleteAh que lindo este post!! Gracias por habernos mencionado!
ReplyDeleteI really thought this post was going to be "it"...!!! I am fervently and with a thicket of sweat collecting on my forehead waiting for your good news...
Como siempre, abrazos~~~~
Cindy
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEvelyn- All we can know is that when it happens, it will be magical. We have seen the evidence. You are getting closer to magical every day. And we will all be here in the interim, in the "liminal state" beside you. And when the magic unfolds we will be right behind you too and the whole of us, will rejoice. I am sending you so much love as always.
ReplyDelete~ Rebecca
I've had that run in the middle of the road dream!!! Freaks me out! I swear, if I keep having it, my son will be attached to a leash until he attends school. (ya- I can't believe I said 'my son' either...)
ReplyDeleteHugs to you. ;-)
Thank you. I look forward to sharing your joy.
ReplyDeletehugs to you. i feel so lucky we live in this age where we can look for and find like - minded soul mates so far away.
ReplyDeleteI will celebrate sweetly (he he he) when your little ones are finally announced. I must say it's been an interesting couple of weeks 'waiting'
soon...soon...
Okay, here I go. No more sweets for me until you meet those little sweets. I only hesitated about committing to this because I am not a huge sweet eater and I thought I would be getting off a little too easy. However, I am a VERY impulsive sweet eater when the time does come so to keep my head about me in those times will be tough. I am with you, girly!
ReplyDeleteChristine
thank God for the interweb I say! So glad to have met you...at last!
ReplyDeleteIt's gonna happen for us!!!! It WILL. IT HAS TO! And there's going to be a huge amount of celebrating on the Interwebs!!!
ReplyDelete