Last night, I dreamt I was in a hotel with lots and lots of connecting indoor pools. I just swam from one to the other to the other. It felt really good.
At some point, I got to a cafe and sat at a table near Angelina Jolie. We ended up sitting together and talking about Ethiopia adoption. She said she had a house in our city and it was clear she needed a BFF here. I volunteered for the job and she said I needed to be ready to hang out ASAP. I thought, "Oh, shoot! I was supposed to walk on the beach with LeAnn tomorrow (true in real life)." I told "Angie" and she was ok with it, but disappointed. (I know, people, hanging out with me is THAT exciting!)
Next thing I know, I'm walking along and start wondering how many months pregnant I am. I am visibly pregnant, but have no idea how far along I am. I touch my belly and feel the baby kicking for the first time (though I think I may have twins). It is suddenly clear that I may be due any day, but my due date is in December.
-------
Funny, huh? Wanna know something weird? I have recurring Angelina Jolie dreams. I like her OK ... she is beautiful and has a beautiful family, but I am not obsessed with her at all! Why do I keep dreaming about her? I always dream that I am her new best friend!
Anyone want to play "interpreter of dreams?" I'd love to read your thoughts!
Oh, and can I get a "woo-hoo!" for Liz or what?
Hmmmmm...normally I would not comment, but seeing how I was coming over here to tell you about how I had this random odd spiritual-connection-thinking-of-you moment last night while I was practicing yoga...and then I see this post...and I find it most odd because (I should send this in an email...but screw it, I am going now, and who really reads other people's comments anyway) okay...You hit my head like an anvil when this big giant drop of sweat went sliding down my nose last night while in triangle pose. My dear, it was water that shot you to my mind. Then the rest of the practice I could not shake you and you were with me the entire time. I was remembering your hot tears after hot yoga. So water, which I am sure you know, is your unconscious, your spiritual emotional self. When water presents in a dream you want to reflect on the clarity of the water (muddy, crystal, foggy, clear blue, dark green) and the nature of water and how it presents (rivers, oceans, inside, outside, storms, sweat...).
ReplyDeleteNow, it is very curious that you were in a hotel. Dreams about homes are about us, our inner self, our construction, but you were in a hotel...a temporary home...a place of transit home...and your connecting "river" like pools were inside this temporary home...also typically moving water is about journey - but you were swimming between them...this leads me to think that your mind is reconciling that you are electing to be on a journey, you are moving in the waters, not the waters moving...I also am a bit knocked out because what got me so last night was the movement of water that brought you to mind...so something about journey and spirit is definitely happening for you right now.
Pregnancy is generally not pregnancy, but a birth, usually a decision, a new idea...but it is about you, you are giving birth to a new idea or concept of yourself, something that is growing or changing inside of you...the fact that you have a sense of twins is super interesting, this is duality which could be harmony and balance or opposition, but I would say something some type of duality in this new project, path, decision, something, the due date thing, also interesting because it is usually the unconscious kicking and bucking about a preoccupation with time when we dream about deadlines or dates...
As for the sudden clarity that you are due any day, my you-should-not-be-reading-this-what-the-hell-do-I-know opinion is that you are about to make a significant decision about a new project or plan that will bring an interesting and unexpected duality to your life (others would say yourself, but I think your life) mostly because of the water in the hotel thing and you swimming...
regardless - something is definitely going on for you spiritually
also, you came to mind during triangle pose - which is also about duality, it is about two places...
so something wonderful is happening in your soul and path right now and you should enjoy and embrace that the universe is smacking you right now with awareness that this time and this moment is important.
sorry about length and rattling...feel free to delete if you like, and if offended, then disregard...
I dreamt that I was pregnant a couple of times before I decided to adopt, in both dreams I kept telling people that I was pregnant and people kept telling me I wasn't! I interpreted it to mean I should stop talking about becoming a single mother by choice and get on with actually doing it.
ReplyDeleteMaybe someday you really will be Angelina Jolie's best friend!
It is morally reprehensible when the comment is longer than the blog post. I am going to blogger hell for sure.
ReplyDelete;)
I got nothing for you but I had make my appreciation for filoli's 2nd comment known (enjoyed the first one, but laughed right out loud for the 2nd).
ReplyDeleteHA!! I'm laughing because.. I read other peoples comments (sometimes). haaa hee hee. and ya- she is right on.
ReplyDeletehmmmmmmm.
ReplyDeletei really do not know
but it sounded lovely
now i'm going to go to bed so that i can post my dream and have filoli interpret it.
please tell her i said so as i doubt she will read this comment.
oh yea and ...
you are so close - i can feel it
Holy cow, now I wish I could remember my dream from last night so Filoli could have a crack at me! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think the dream meant? Did you dream of Angelina Jolie before you decided to adopt?
(a) I think Angie is symbolic of your choice to grow family via adoption, and the fact that you are TOO COOL and EVERYONE wants to be your friend. At least, I know I do!
ReplyDelete(b) I think the pregnancy things is because you've been "paper pregnant" far too long. Maybe dreaming of December means a referral is Oh-so-close and you'll get one of the first court dates in October and travel to Eth in December? At least, that's what I HOPE it means!!
Maybe you felt like going for a swim, ate too much and are secretly in love with Angleina. Totally kidding. I loved, loved, loved this post because I have crazy, intense, realistic dreams all the time and love hearing about others and fioli's comment is so insightfull and cool I can hardly stand it. I have recurring U2/Bono dreams. They totally want to hang out with me and I always sit at a table right up front for VIPs when they play little clubs. Bono talks to me and is psyched we're friends.
ReplyDeleteI just want you to know that I have been thinking about you and being really disappointed as each week passes sans referral. Every monday, I think this is the week, Wednesday I think it will be today (don't know why), and friday I am just mad again. You know there will be an onslaught of referrals when things start moving again. Hope you hear before then.
Okay, FIRST of all, I am HONORED that you would turn down a date with Angie for me!!! Wow, that's a true friend, indeed. Secondly, wasn't this two weeks before you got your referral? STRANGE!
ReplyDelete