Two years ago, in the midst of incredible longing, I wrote my own words to a song. The song is To Ndje by Kaissa. I don't know what she is singing in the song, but I hear longing there and I hear love. The song can make me cry and smile at the same time. Kaissa's voice is so strong and beautiful.
I debated on whether or not to post my little words to her song, but want to do so to honor another woman whose song I get to sing in this crazy, heartbreaking and breathtaking world....
I'm wasn't trying to be a poet here, but just to give voice to the longing I felt, which now gives voice to the longing I feel.
Today, I think about you...Good luck to you in trying to fit this with the music. It makes sense in my head and I don't believe two little boys for whom I'll sing this will care too much.
A smile spreads across my lips.
I'm waiting, waiting to know you -
Praying that God would give you peace.
Oh, I know your journey won't be easy,
it's hard to understand the 'why' sometimes.
One thing I know for certain,
Yes, I was made to love you both.
I know everybody won' t understand,
but YOU have made me the lucky one.
You were born in my heart,
And in my heart you will always, always stay
....
I already love you so much!
Chorus:
The mother love I have for you just keep on growing,
growing, growing! (4x)
My children, I love you so much!
(I will add a little annectode ... on the day we got our referral, Bill and I were so overwhelmed that we went to see a movie that night. I, more than he, was feeling really afraid. We were picking up movie tickets for a later show, so Bill pulls up in front of the theater and lets me run and get the tickets. When I get back to the car, he is BLASTING, I'm talking BLASTING as in car rumbling BLASTING this song in front of the theater. I was so embarrassed, but also tickled. The love affair that started with two little ideas, now had two very real little faces. I was finding out who I'd written the words for.)
sigh... this is really beautiful!
ReplyDeletelove love love love your words and the music to this song!
ReplyDeleteand now i love Bill - what a sweet full of emotion thing to do!
your boys. Oh Evy, i keep thinking of you when i'm with Q, you are going to be so in love, have so much fun, you can't imagine i know but boys...boys are soooooooo wonderful!!
I listened while reading your words and they fit together like a hand in a glove. Lovely Evelyn, truly lovely. I hope you sing this to your boys some day!
ReplyDeleteI love your heart!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes! And you will continue to discover more about the dimensions of mother love. I just hope you will get to meet them soon, so they can experience what you and Bill have here waiting for them. They need to know you!
ReplyDeleteYou. are. adorable.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteSimply lovely!
ReplyDeleteI love this song! Where is it from and what language? So beautiful, and you are very artistic to be able to come up with great lyrics to match the rhythmn. Nice.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous song and lyrics, Evelyn! And ohmygoodness - CONGRATULATIONS! I have been outta the blog-o-sphere lately and can't believe I missed your referral. Oh, I'm so giddy for you and your family. Your family of 4!!! Yay! Can't wait for you to get the travel call!!!! Huge hugs, sweet Evelyn!!!
ReplyDelete