Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Giddy Tuesdays






Can you believe the above picture?  Hardly seems compatible with my life now, but it is part of my life as a mother of two boys, for a brief three hours every Tuesday, thanks to my wonderful husband, Bill.  Because his job often has him out of the house for about 4 + evenings a month, AND because we founded the organization he works for anyway, we thought it was only fair that he work from home one morning a week to make up for the nights out.  We picked Tuesdays, when A is at school for the morning (he goes Tues and Thurs).  Bill can work from his laptop on the floor while K crawls around him and then K goes down for a nap.  I take A to school around 7:30 and head to the gym.  After working out, I either run errands or go to a coffee shop to read/journal.  We have only done this three times now, but the results are amazing.  I come home a more centered and reasonable person, more ready to parent.  AND I come home giddy.  Something about the endorphins + getting to drive my car without children in the back asking for stuff + QUIET + the morning sunshine just leave me feeling euphoric.  Back at home, Bill gets to bond more with K, which makes Tues morning just all around wonderful.  I am so extremely grateful for Bill and for my Tuesday mornings.  We will have to renegotiate a mommy respite once the summer comes and A is out of school (impossible to work from home if he is here), but in the meantime, you know when you can find me giddy.

19 comments:

  1. Sounds heavenly!

    And two words for you - summer camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, you NEED that time! I vote for a couple more 3 hours blocks a week! When mama is happy... :) Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great to hear about your time. My husband too also is so supportive and I get time to go to work, soccer and just sometimes out to run errands. We need this time because if we are not happy, no one else in the family will be. Also, I love the time to just contemplate life. Enjoy it. Voce merece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you've found this avenue to some quiet time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so important to have time to recharge your batteries. i'm trying to rework some stuff here to have my own time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mommy respites are priceless, I am breathing easier just getting a load of that journal and that coffee mug. Sometimes Craig and I negotiate these, but I hate to say that it almost always happens when I am at my wit's end. We need to schedule them more proactively.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, that cup of coffee looks delish. Glad you're getting some time for just you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm, that coffee looks amazing. So glad to hear you are making time for you. Everyone needs time to reboot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I have a whole post in my mind about this, the mama respite. I find myself caught between the pressure to 'love every minute with my child' and the actual balance of needing to have time by myself or to work or whatever it takes to make me feel level. Girl, don't let up on taking care of yourself. I love it, completely and totally, when I am driving from wherever I have been, and am happily, excitedly anticipating my return to my lovely little family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very happy to read that you are doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are taking this time for yourself! So important. I always say I am a better mommy when I get to NOT be a mommy for a little while!

    You are one smart lady w/ one sweet husband! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so important for mommy (and daddy) time (and/or mommy+daddy time) without the kids. For summer do you have a neighbor with kids who could take A to the park for the mornings? or a summer camp option at his school? We've been doing a babysitting swap with a neighbor (i take their 3 yr old with us to the park, which is hard but fun, then they take joe for a few hours in the afternoon every couple of days) and it is saving my sanity!
    Good job for figuring out how to work this alone time in, so early in your parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that you are getting some alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so wonderful, I can taste that cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Tuesday! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...