Things were going ok with Boo-boo's haircare routine until last week. I was trying to detangle his hair. He was in the bathtub, his hair was covered in conditioner and I was using a wide tooth comb as gently as I could. MELTDOWN. I had to forget about it for that day.
The next day, we did it completely different. I got him out of the tub, into PJ's, sat him in front of Elmo on my lap, drenched his hair with detangler and worked SLOWLY over his beautiful head of tiny little curls. It was a much better experience, but I knew it was time. There were just too many tangles. I knew I had to take his hair care to another level. So, I did a bit of research at Happy Girl Hair. I have ordered the following products that I cannot wait to try!
![]() | ||||||||
| Africa Sleeps - CANNOT wait to try them. The back of his hair gets matted so easily when he sleeps. I hope this will help. Wish me luck keeping them on his head! |
![]() |
| This actually has already arrived - the smell of rose is too strong for my taste, but it really worked well on my hair. Will try on Boo today. |
Last night, Bill read Boo this book:
When he got to the picture of Deron's mother brushing his hair (notice Deron barely has any hair!), Boo immediately pointed and said, "HURT!" It is time to turn hair brushing into a better experience for my little guy!


That brush and conditioner work great on Melese's hair, and then we use Kinky Curly Knot Today for the comb through. Took me forty minutes the other day.
ReplyDeleteThe Tangle Teezer changed our life. It works wonders on B's tight curls. Good luck! I know it's hard.
ReplyDeleteWhen D's hair is down, I insanely gently finger detangle with Knot Today every morning. Takes about 20 minutes. We like to keep her hair up:)
ReplyDeleteWe use the tangle teezer in this house, too!
ReplyDeleteI fear the hair!
ReplyDeleteWow, I am so late to the Tangle Teaser party!! Not for long!
ReplyDeleteLooks like Teg and Boo have similar curls. Tangle teaser does make it faster and easier. BUT---the sound of it freaks Teg out. And I think the structure of the brush actually limits some of the 'tug' you feel on your hand as you brush, so still work gently. Plus I use it with the conditioner in the soaking wet hair. The conditioner- love it. But it's pricey for as much as we use, going to try kinky kurly conditioner and will report compare/contrasts. The kinky curly gel- I found actually helps to limit tangles too. Also- I hot glued satin pieces in his car seat and that helped for a while until... the summer and the glue came undone. perhaps I should thread a needle?? We also tried all sorts of sleeping caps- but being a hot sleeper the only one he'll keep on is the 1.92 ones from wally world ( the kind with the nylon ish band and the rest satin) Now if I'd only remember to put it on him....
ReplyDeleteI'm not supposed to be commenting on blogs, but can't help myself with this one: The tangle teezer makes NO DIFFERENCE in our house. I really hoep it does for you. But my kids still go INSANE when they are being combed, TT or no TT. And every time I say how much my kids HATE being combed, someone says 'Oh, you need a TT! Everything would be fine if you used a TT!' and we ALREADY HAVE A TT. AND IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. I hope you have better luck. But if you don't.... you're not alone :)
ReplyDelete(Sorry for the vent!)
Boy, I would love a solution for the tangles Tessa's gets! I am going to give the TT a try too! Her hair is actually quite long so we will see. Worth a try! Great post....looking forward to seeing how it goes for you!
ReplyDelete