So this Thanksgiving, I found myself uninspired and without the time to prepare the complicated things I used to enjoy cooking/baking. We were headed to visit two parts our family, where others took care of the main dishes. I just wanted to contribute. My contributions were 1) Black bean dip, 2) Brazilian Pao de Queijo (cheese bread) and 3) Lemon pie. I know, none of the above sound particularly Thanksgivingy, but they were easy and yummy.
The black bean dip has become one of my staples, a quick go-to recipe that is an easy contribution to just about any event. I originally got the recipe from my amazing friend, A. A is a kick-a** feminist and a regular Martha Stewart at home. She and I don't get to see each other that much, but she has been a rock in my life since I met her. You know the kind of friend that flat out tells you she is your friend for life and you believe her? That is A. A is the How DOES she do it all!!???? grad school friend that many of us still marvel at.
A's Black Bean Dip
1 can black beans
1 tomato
3 green onions
1 seeded jalapeno
1/2 cup cilantro (I love cilantro, so I use the whole bunch)
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp salt
chug of olive oil (I use 1-2 tbsp)
Throw all of these ingredients into a blender and puree. Serve with a sprig of cilantro on top.
Though this dip has an entire jalapeno, it really is not spicy at all. I hope you enjoy this recipe and treasure those A-like friends in your life!
I will be posting the other two recipes soon!
Sounds fabulous, mamacita. I don't like turkey, next year I want to have a different thanksgiving with no turkey and lots of black bean dip, Brazilian bread and other things I love.
ReplyDelete