Monday, January 07, 2013

Still Here...

December 26th marked our three year anniversary of being home together as a family.  It feels really good to have three years behind us.  I was very tempted to let that date also be the date I closed this blog for good.  Obviously I didn't.  I don't know if it's that I still hope one day to have time to write all of the blog posts that are filed in my mind, I don't know if it's that I don't want to let go of this venue that brought so many dear people into my life, I don't know if I am nostalgically seeking the few moments of depth and clarity I was able to find through writing here long ago (not many deep moments these days).  Whatever the reason, I still hang on to this blog even though I don't write much.  I still check my blogroll even though I don't comment much either.  How do you feel about your blog?  Why do you still keep it around?

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary friend! I keep my blog for some of the same reasons...I feel like it doesn't quite fit me anymore, but I haven't figured out what would fit me better...I'm either going to close it down completely and start over new somewhere else, or dust everything off and start it back up again...any day now, I think...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny. I think many of us are in this transition space. It's a year and half since Belaye came home and I couldn't write for several reasons. I need to write, so that now that we've moved and I have more time (like 15 minutes every few days now) I'm up to writing again, plus I found my new focus, which is how to raise these boys in a mindful way. I am fairly certain I will not master this in my life time, so I expect to blogging for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my reasons for not blogging are many. One is that I am so newly home with my little one that I am still sorting through all my feelings. The other is that I am not as happy with my writing as I might like. Too tentative, not flowing, not as real as I want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also feel like I'm not sure what to do with my blog. For all the reasons mentioned here I am not writing much and for all the reasons here I am holding onto it still. I miss your writing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...