On Sunday, Bill and I both have responsibilities at our respective churches and are out the door without a chance to talk much. I am painfully aware that I still haven't said "yes" to this referral, even though my loving Bill has. I go to church, full of nervous energy. I go through the motions with the things I am in charge of, feeling more than my body can contain. During the service, I am overwhelmed with this scary/amazing “secret” I have. I picture myself sitting in the pew with little K on my lap. I picture A bashfully going up for children’s time. The thoughts fill me with unimaginable joy. Something is shifting in me and it is shifting fast. We are celebrating World Peace Day, but the pastor preaches on “Welcoming the Little Children.” I want to laugh out loud. I want to run home and tell Bill that I am falling in love with these boys. After church, I am asked point blank by a friend if I have any news. I squirm and somehow tell her the usual shpill though I am laughing inside and am so ready to get out of there! She must have thought I was acting so weird!
Back home, Bill is SO happy to hear the way I feel. We can’t wait to tell people. BUT, we are waiting on the medical evaluation. The adoption clinic is supposed to get results back to us within 48 business hours. So it is SUNDAY and they have until TUESDAY noon to get us the results. TUESDAY! I think I might just die of excitement before Tuesday, but we continue on with our little “secret.” At least we are finally on the same page. I am able to let go of all the junk and look at the picture of my boys again. Fear gets replaced by love.
I hope you can feel my smile! I loved hearing your story again. I can't wait to see them decked out in their Brazilian soccer jerseys!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS.
ReplyDeleteYEAH! I sensed a super-duper happy ending.
ReplyDeleteI love this. I feel like I am getting how you proceeded through your feelings and through the days. And I like that you are being honest about it all, it's great.
ReplyDeleteThe throes of a personal, emotional evolution: gorgeous. Thank you for letting us in.
ReplyDeleteCindy
What a perfect church sermon for you to hear! :)
ReplyDeleteyou may never now how truly lovely it is to have your story in these segments, to have the honest transition...
ReplyDeletei am so grateful for your account...i had a similar route of emotions when i was pregnant with quinn and because i want a boy and girl equally, i have no doubt i will go through a similar set of emotions again.
thank you for sharing your happiness.
Hi, so thankful for you being honest in your last post. I think I would have had the same feelings, but glad you are feeling connected. My Nevaeh was born on April 16, 2009! Anyhow, can't wait to hear how the medical is.
ReplyDeletethe evolution of love...eclipse of love over fear...what a beautiful thing. I keep losing your blog some how so here I am reading way back again...I'm so happy for you guys!!!!!
ReplyDelete