I confess, I love to dance, but am terribly shy and embarrassed of actually dancing in public. Bill and I have had many frustrating arguments on the side of the dance floor ... he loves to dance, I love to dance, but in front of people, I have a hard time dancing! I saw this on Katy's blog once and actually got nervous thinking I might be asked to dance in Ethiopia one day. Well ... while in Addis, after a couple of rounds of TEJ, here is what happened:
And this was the SECOND time I was up there! My first dance was not nearly as noteworthy and I don't think I would have been asked to dance again - it was the shoulder shrug dance. HOWEVER, I had seen these videos of Ethiopian dancers doing this particular dance and just thought it looked like fun, so I would go around the house doing this dance, much to Bill's ... amusement. When this song started at the restaurant, I did a bit of the dance in my seat, which was enough to bring a dancer over to get me. I did it for you, boys!
Awesome! You look great. My daughter made me play it 4 times.
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! That was great!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love it! I'll have to start practicing now, because I am so NOT a dancer!
ReplyDeletegood for you!!!!!! you were fantastic...and having fun!!
ReplyDeleteokay -- you are gonna laugh but I danced w/ that SAME guy at that SAME restaurant after about 1 bottle of Tej! There is film proof out that, but I'm currently trying to burn all copies!
ReplyDeletePS: I wasn't as good as you.
BAAAA HAAA!!! THAT IS GREAT!!!!! (not to self... sit in the back..)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I just about died. that looks so fun. Love it. (delurking, in case I never have before)
ReplyDeletelove it. you make me happy.
ReplyDeleteI was NOT seeking audience participation, but slugged a little St. George just in case...sure enough, I had my turn! I danced with the other guy, though, and one of the ladies. Too funny!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, you are hilarious, Evelyn. Honestly. I thought with the way you talked about not liking to dance in front of people, that you might not be the queen of dancing, but then there you are, looking so great and, for real, I love your moves, girl! You are too cute. I've been thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteHey, you did great! You got the beat down!
ReplyDeleteYou look so happy and perfect. I wish I could find eskista lessons. And then go to Ethiopia with you and your family and dance someday. Or even just meet you and your family someday.
ReplyDeleteYou are adorable!
ReplyDeleteOK you get over that 'don't like to dance in public thing right now!"
ReplyDeleteyou are terrific! and really what purpose would there be for me saying that if it weren't true.
i'm practicising the first moment i can.
everyone should always dance when they have the chance. me i dance and look a fool - i'm white white white and from the suburbs of chicago - but i don't care - i get up and dance! life is short!
good for you.
i smiled all through this video!!!!
You looked great! I got up and later Steven told me that I did not move my shoulders at all. He said they never moved. It was truly pathetic.
ReplyDeleteYou are the BEST! That was awesome!
ReplyDelete