"Awww... they are so cute!" was heard over and over again.
We had to set one 4th grader straight .... she heard they were adopted and said she wanted to adopt them. We told her that no, they were ours forever and not available to be adopted anymore. We told her adoption was wonderful and maybe she could adopt when she grew up. But she insisted that she wanted to adopt OUR boys. I can't say I blame her.
The funniest comment came from Juan, a second grader:
"Who gave him that HAIRCUT?" He sounded incredulous as to why we would allow someone to do such a horrible job cutting our baby's hair. At first I didn't know what he was talking about because I've accepted my K's little "crib head" as just part of him, along with his sweet curls. But then I looked at the back of his head and laughed. Yup. Not much there!
I love those sweet curls.
ReplyDeleteKibru seems to have the pout down pat....it seems to be quite a common cultural trait of our darling Ethiopian boys! Yohanes can pout like nobody's business!
ReplyDeleteHope your toe is feeling better,
Jennifer in NC
Okay, that picture of Kibru??? SO sweet. I love that shirt and his BELLY!!!! Precious!
ReplyDeleteOh those curls! And that belly! Deliciousness. They grow up so quickly.
ReplyDeleteSo one bummer part about you going private is that your blog no longer shows up in my RSS reader!!! Can't believe I nearly missed all these marvelous entries!!! Love the hair! Wouldn't change a curl on his head!
ReplyDelete