![]() |
| A and K Referral Photo |
But this is Saturday Sunshine, right? Today, we will celebrate with an adoptive families picnic (great date they picked, right?) and later at home we share an Ethiopian meal - just the four of us (though Samba also loves injera). I have ordered each of the boys a book telling their adoption story. We have small Ethiopian gifts for each of them.
There really are no words for how I feel as I write this. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. I am writing this on Friday night and we have just put the two boys to bed. We each held a boy in the dark. We all looked up at the glow-in-dark stars we stuck on their ceiling almost two years ago. The only other thing we could see was K's glow in the dark pacifier. I could not stop crying. I cried with gratitude. Infinite, infinite gratitude for this gift of mine, this gift that we share. To think that we, who once looked up at three different night skies, now share this tiny little sky of ours.
| K and A two weeks ago. |

Happy anniversary! That picture of A and K sitting on the bench is beautiful. They both look so peaceful and content. They're clearly thriving in your family in every way. Enjoy the picnic.
ReplyDeleteAmazing how much they've grown and changed.
ReplyDeleteEvelyn, what a great way to start off my weekend--reading your post over a cup of coffee (ethiopian). You are lucky, your kids are lucky and for those of us who get to witness from afar how far you've come in this year--we are lucky!Happy Anniversary.
ReplyDeleteOh, Evelyn, you made me cry, too. They are so robust now, so safe with you. I love this post.
ReplyDeleteMuch love and congratulations....
ReplyDeleteWow, what a journey. Your boys are thriving and safe and most of all loved and happy. Congrats to you and your family. It's been so enjoyable, and I appreciate so much, following your story.
ReplyDeletecrying. much love. much, much, much love to you all!
ReplyDeletewow. Hugs. How has it been a year? How?
ReplyDelete(Laurie) I know that feeling. . . you look back at that referral photo, and the difference is that now you *know* your sons, so you know exactly which emotions would have triggered that exact look on their faces. And you know you weren't there to make it all better.
ReplyDeleteBUT this is now, not then, and you (and Bill) do make it all better, and it shows in your sons.
And I have to say it has been so fun these past few months to watch you really hitting your groove as a mom, Evelyn!
Sniff, sniff. Happy referralversary sweet Evelyn.
ReplyDeleteThat referral picture breaks my heart along with you. Yes, so much pain, huh? And they look so sweet. What an amazing difference now!
ReplyDeleteOh my, that referral picture. So special, but so sad. Congrats on your referral-versary.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHappy Referalversary! It seems so unreal that it has been only a year since your referral. SO MUCH has happened and sometimes I forget that you (we) are still so early on into this whole parenting thing. So much more to come. So cool.
ReplyDelete**happy sigh**
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me happy - you have all come so far! Congrats on the referral anniversary, and I look forward to seeing how much further you will all go!
ReplyDeleteHappy referral anniversary! Referral photos always hold a special place in adoptive parent's hearts, doesn't it? I just love seeing referral photos and seeing the transformation the children have made after they are home with their forever families.
ReplyDeleteTears! Happy referralversary. I can't believe it's been a year!
ReplyDeletehappy referralversary! i love what you said at the end about 3 skies. Here too :)
ReplyDeleteLook at your boys one year later. Wow. Beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteHappy first year together!
Feliz Referralversario!
ReplyDelete