Friday, May 20, 2011
Already??
Today was Scootle's last day of school. Boo and I went to his special tea party and it was bittersweet. First of all, I am incredibly proud of my Scootle. He went into this school year barely speaking English and completed all of the goals for his age and more. He loves to learn and is unstoppable in that department. I LOVE that about him. I say bittersweet because I now will be home with both boys for a large part of the summer. Scootle will go to summer school 3 mornings a week eventually, but that is not until mid-June. I confess that having both boys at home still overwhelms me. The sibling rivalry and multiple crises undo me. I think I can, I think I can...
I have two super short trips planned without the kids ... one to see one of my brothers graduate from a master's at Harvard, the other to travel with another brother and see my youngest U.S. cousin get married in DC. Hopefully I will get some super juice on one of these trips and come back ready for SUMMER! It is going to be a busy one!!!
Labels:
school,
Scootle-doot (A)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two at home at once? Sibling rivalry? I HEAR YA!!! So glad you're getting those trips away, they'll recharge your batteries like nothing else. (heh, I said that like I know what I'm talking about. APPARENTLY they recharge your batteries like nothing else).
ReplyDeleteThe great thing about summer, even with the extra stress, is that it's SUMMER. AT least, when you're yelling at the kids, you'll be yelling in the warm. That's something, right?
I am daily shocked at the way in which my kids treat each other. Last night at dinner it was so bad my husband and I got up and left and ate our dinners in the living room. We turned up the tv so we couldn't hear them.
ReplyDeleteTravel safely.
More power too you! You can do it! I'm sure. I'm a mess with one. The only thing that 'works' is to have a morning very active activity planned that gets us out and moving and active. Did I say active. I should say, active for him. And low on my 'please don't" "no" "don't touch' scale. This isn't always possible because it takes pre planning and packingand well... mommy focus... and well... what was I saying?
ReplyDeleteOh my yes. Two! Out first thing in the morning. That's the only way but I don't know how you accomplish it. One thing we do is keep a picnic basket loaded. Wash dishes and put right back in basket. Keep basket with snackies and then at the last minute throw in something fresh. That way we are out in a park for many many many meals throughout the summer. Trying not to be home much helped.
ReplyDeleteDo libraries in your area have summer story hours? Oh and a play group or scheduled playdates.
Two! Wow!
You will do fine! Every long stretch being full-time, all-day mom will be better. You will see!
ReplyDeleteYou most definitely can do it. I'm sure there will days you might want to pitch one of them out the window, and that's when you have your mommy and margarita time.
ReplyDeleteDon't count on being ready for summer after a trip to Boston - it's barely spring up here yet!
ReplyDeleteI have always LOVED summer break with alllll of my kiddos home!! BUT, the fighting between Ru (2) and Biscuit (5) has gotten SO BAD lately....for the first time ever....I am kind of dreading it.... :( Plus, my hubs is deploying to Iraq. For a year. Looooonnnnnggggg summer ahead......
ReplyDeleteMy two fight like mad too! And they still hang together all the time...I don't understand why they can't separate and do their own thing if they get on each other's nerves so bad. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Ha!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats to your brother graduating with his masters from Harvard!!! Wowza! That is a great accomplishment!