Thursday, January 10, 2013

What's in Your Purse?

As I was cleaning out my purse today, I was struck by just how much junk I carry around.   I am sure this says something about me, but I am too tired to give it much thought right now.  I do remember googling what's in your bag a few months ago for a talk I was giving and finding it curious to see what people carried around.  I filed away the possible blog post in the mess of what is now my brain.  Cleaning out my purse today reminded me of it.  So, here goes - the contents of my bag (minus the trash I got rid of before thinking of this post):



I guess from these contents, one would guess my priorities were cleanliness, moisturizing and fresh breath (somewhat true).  What is in your bag?  For all of you bloggers who are stuck in a rut like me, this is something you can do that does not take much attention or brain power.  And for anyone who was curious, this is my purse:



This is my ugly, beat up, quintessential mom purse.  I will say my sweet husband bought me a lovely vegan fair trade purse I'd been lusting after online.  Too bad the bag was HUMONORMOUS.  I have since tried finding another fair trade purse that I liked, but gave up.  So this khaki aberration remains by my side.

11 comments:

  1. As the mom of two little ones, how do you manage to avoid having a purse loaded with crayons, toy cars, stickers, and other random kid stuff? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wipes, cookies, gum, lollipops, mini first aid kit are all for them! When we go somewhere where these don't suffice, they carry little backpacks with all the "kid stuff."

      Delete
  2. You are the mom that is prepared for anything! Bath breath, boo boos, biohazards beware! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eastie - nothing worse than BATH breath!

      Delete
    2. LOL. Almost as bad as shower breath!

      Delete
  3. I wish I had more room to spread out my stuff. This would be so fun! Maybe later if we get moved to a private room. Since we're in the hospital, it's more interesting than usual. I carry a humonormous bag myself (I tried smaller, and it just kept getting full before I had a chance to clean it out), and sometimes things just get buried in the bottom. Zinashi also has a habit of sticking "surprises" in there, so you just never know with my bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your would be really interesting, especially in the hospital! Keeping my fingers crossed for that private room for you!

      Delete
  4. I cannot believe I'm reading this because just this morning on the train I was thinking I should do the same thing. I will when I get home. Very funny! I wish I had some of your cleaning stuff for the inside of my purse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence. Makes me happy that our minds were on the same wavelength!

      Delete
  5. So my purse is not so interesting, but I recently bought a small fishing tacklebox with movable compartments to keep track of all the junk in my car: rubber bands, hair clips, hair bands, binder clips, earrings, chapstick, necklaces, pens, etc. I'm organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm scared to inspect my purse's vomit. I really am. But I should.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...